How to Apply for
To request an application:
Call the KanCare Clearinghouse at 1-800-792-4884 or
Apply on-line at www.ApplyForKanCare.ks.gov.
Applications may also be available at the local Department of Children and Families offices.
Kansas City (913) 826-7300
Manhattan (785) 776-4011
Wichita (316) 337-7000
Paper applications can be downloaded from the KDHE website at:
For assistance with filling out an application:
Contact the KanCare Ombudsman Volunteer office:
Phone: (316) 978-3566
Where to send paper applications:
- By Mail: KanCare Clearinghouse, PO Box 3599, Topeka, KS 66601-9738
- By Fax:
- Families with Children: 1-800-498-1255
- People with Disabilities & Elderly: 1-844-264-6285
705 N. Brady, Abilene KS 67410
Information to send with Application:
- Income level (pay stubs, bank statements or other evidence of your income and that of relatives living with you.)
- S. Citizenship
- Personal Circumstances (proof of age, medical expenses, etc.)
- Disability, if any (include medical records)
Keep a copy of all documents for your records.
- It takes approximately 6-7 weeks to process an application. IF it takes longer, you can contact the KanCare Clearinghouse to check on your application status at 1-800-792-4884.
- The KanCare Clearinghouse may send a letter asking for additional information. If so, respond as soon as possible. Watch for the deadlines on the letters; a missed deadline may cause a denial. If you have questions, call the KanCare Clearinghouse for assistance; 1-800-792-4884.
- The person who applied will be notified by letter if their application has been approved or denied.
- The letter will also note that they have the option
- to appeal if they feel they have cause to do so. Information for a Medicaid eligibility hearing can be found at oah.ks.gov.