Memorial Hospital in Abilene offers general surgery through its affiliate, Heartland Surgery, and other inpatient and outpatient surgeries through visiting specialists. The physicians work with Memorial Hospital’s experienced nursing staff to provide the best care before, during, and after a procedure.
Dr. Marcus L. Gann Jr. is a General Surgeon with Heartland Surgery. Working with the patient’s primary care physician, Dr. Gann provides diagnostic, pre-operative, operative, and post-operative management of patient care for elective surgeries. Below is a list of procedures Dr. Gann provides at Memorial Hospital in Abilene:
- Gallbladder Removal (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
- Appendix Removal (Laparoscopic Appendectomy)
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Hernia Repair (Inguinal, Ventral, and Umbilical)
- Breast Biopsy for Cancer Detection
- Mastectomy (Breast Removal)
- Breast Conserving Therapy (BCT)
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (ALND)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Skin Lesion Removal (benign and malignant)
- Subcutaneous Lesion Biopsy and Removal
- Wound Debridement
- Wound Care, Including Minor Burns
- Skin Graft Placement (full thickness and split thickness)
- Thyroid Nodule Workup
- Part or Total Thyroid Removal (Hemi and Total Thyroidectomy)
- Colon Surgery
- Minor hand Surgery
- Hemorrhoid Surgery
- Feeding Tubes
- Port Placements
- Chest Tubes
- Ingrown Toe Nails
- Toe Nail Removal
For more information, please contact Heartland Surgery at (785) 263-0505. Heartland Surgery’s office is located at 1111 N. Brady in Abilene.
Dr. Gary Weiner offers cataract surgery at Memorial Hospital. This procedure involves removing the cataract from the eye and replacing the clouded cataract lens with an implanted artificial lens to restore clearer vision. Please call Dr. Weiner’s office at (800) 794-8415 to inquire further about cataract surgery services.
Dr. Rebecca Johnson (785-452-6211) and Dr. M.S. Frederiksen (785-825-0003) both provide various surgical procedures on the foot at Memorial Hospital. They each hold regular clinic days at Heartland Health Care Clinic. Please call the respective phone numbers to inquire regarding the next specialty clinic and appointment availability.
Dr. Rick Johnson performs gynecological surgeries such as hysterectomy (removal of uterus, tubes, and ovaries), tubal ligations (tubes tied), and D&C (dilation and curettage post-miscarriage). For more information, call Dr. Rick Johnson’s office in Abilene at (785) 263-3999.