What makes Memorial Hospital’s Birthing Center different from others?
- We give you, your baby, and your family close personal attention. Typically you will enjoy a nurse dedicated to caring only for you and your baby.
- Patients rated our postpartum care for Feeding of Breastfed Infants at 100, the highest score possible, in a Center for Disease Control survey.
- We offer Childbirth Education Classes for free to those delivering at Memorial and for a nominal charge for those not delivering at Memorial. These classes help parents know what to expect before and after the baby is born.
- We provide post-birth education and resources to parents. We welcome calls from those who have delivered at Memorial if they have any questions after the birth of the baby. Every question is important. Call (785) 263-6668, anytime, night or day.
- We offer sibling classes prior to the birth of your baby so your children will be prepared for the changes that will come after baby is born.
- Free amenities include a birth announcement ad in the newspaper, a photo of your newborn suitable for framing, and a candle light dinner for the new parents to enjoy.
- We send you home with a gift basket, made with love by the Memorial Health System Volunteer Corps. The basket is filled with several useful items for new parents and has information about local resources.